Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Worldwide Photowalk 2011 in Invermere

UPDATE: Report on the 2011 WWPW to be found here!

I took part in the Worldwide Photowalk 2010 in Whistler last summer, and really enjoyed it - not only did I take a closer look at the village, but I met some great local photog's, too!


Above is my submission for the contest from the 2010 Whistler Photowalk.

I noticed that Invermere didn't have a Walk set for 2011 yet, so I put in my application to lead the local event and, lo and behold, I was accepted!

Now I have the responsibility of getting it all set up! So far, the following details have been nailed down:

Event Date: Sunday, October 2, 2011

Event Time: Check-in 1.45pm, walk starts 2pm, walk ends 4pm.

Start Location: Outside Invermere Fotofirst, in Downtown Invermere.

End Location: Across the street from the start ... location still to be finalized.

We hope to have a local restaurant that we can gather in to enjoy a cool (or hot!) beverage and a snack, while we "chimp" at each other's images on lcd's. (Drinks and snacks for your own account).

If you have any brilliant ideas about an interesting route, I'd love to hear them! It should be pretty easy and accessible to everyone - we need to be out about 2 hours, but we won't be moving fast!

All you photographers out there in the Columbia Valley ... you don't have to be members of a club ... you don't have to be a professional photog ... you don't have to have a fancy camera (a cell phone will do!) ... and it doesn't cost anything to come along ... so if you love photography, please do consider signing up!

I've opened a Flickr page where photo's from the walk can be posted. And there's a Facebook event, too.

Prizes! Prizes! Prizes! There's a prize for the winning photo from the Invermere walk. Also, everyone who's an official participant can enter a shot in the worldwide contest and compete for amazing prizes!

You MUST SIGN UP through the official Worldwide Photowalk page.

There's only space for 50 people, so don't delay!

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask me!

3 comments: