Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Get What You're Given

It never ceases to amaze me how the photography gods deal out photo opportunities.

Or not!

I went out this morning with the intention of photographing gophers in our local park, as part of my current course photo project. I have a couple of good ones that I took back in June, but wanted to take one "for the project".

Not today ... got there after 9.30am ... nary a gopher in sight! Usually they're all over the place, shouting the odds as people walk by. Guess they don't get up before 10am ... about the time that the sun shines in the front doors, at the moment! (I thought about hanging around for a while to see if they'd show, but the mosquito population decided that since I was the only warm-blood in sight, that I'd be a good breakfast buffet!)

What I did get, though, are some dragonfly shots, which I've been trying for all summer - with no success at all, until this morning! Here's the best shot of a dragonfly at rest:


And here's one in flight:


At this point, it looks like I'm going to be sending in a June gopher photo ... I really want to get this project wrapped up so that I can start the 6th, and final, unit in my course!

Bonus photo: From the condition of this young tree just outside our unit in Invermere, it looks like fall's just around the corner ...


5 comments:

  1. I love the second one Tanya! Is it for Unit 3? You captured the motion for sure/ it looks like a little sticker on a window. Fall is coming here too....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for looking, Mary! No, this was just for my own satisfaction. Been trying for dragonfly shots all summer! (I'm just finishing up unit 5 ... )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these! You're ahead of me. I still need to do photo projects for 4, 5, and 6 and finish up the text for 6. Yikes! I better get busy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go, Tanya! Karen I'm exactly where you are (reading 5 now). I get anxious as fall and winter gets here.
    not as easy to go out there and shoot...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for visiting, Karen & Mary! Mailed unit 5 project shots on Saturday. Started unit 6 theory today ... struggling to maintain focus ...

    ReplyDelete