Sunday, August 7, 2011

Of Mountain Biking & Wildflowers

Today I had planned to spend an action-packed couple of hours from about noon in the drop park at Panorama Mountain Bike Park.

Little did I know, there were NO bikers in the park! Maybe a Sunday thing?

I'd previously been told that mountain bikers don't get up at dawn, so I didn't bother arriving early ... but I at least thought that those who'd come up for the weekend would have a few runs before heading home this afternoon!

Wrong!

I hiked up, and hung around for an hour without seeing a single rider.

Next time, I'll try a Saturday.

All was not lost, however, as I got the chance to take photo's of some alpine wildflowers, instead. No complaints from me!




4 comments:

  1. Semplicemente stupende!
    have a nice new week
    greatings
    Matteo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for looking, Matteo! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like these! Very nice. The best part is the simplicity, color and beauty. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Karen! Despite my whinging about the lack of mountain bike action, it was so nice and quiet up there ... and it was good to have the entire slope to myself ... I could lie down and unashamedly perform the contortions that photographers do to get The Shot! ;-)

    ReplyDelete