Monday, October 3, 2011

Worldwide Photowalk 2011 in Invermere

The weatherman certainly didn't know what it was going to do, so we didn't either. We just took a chance.

As I arrived and stepped out of my car at the meeting point, it started to rain.

Big drops.

Happily, it only lasted a few minutes and didn't rain enough that the splash marks on the ground joined up.

Me, Judy, Addy, Karol, Marilyn, Marlene, Achim 

I had four people signed up for the Worldwide Photowalk 2011 in Invermere, besides myself. That's the total after two people withdrew on Sunday morning!

I was delighted when two extra ladies showed up to join the walk ... they hadn't signed up because they'd had difficulty with the WWPW website ... not the first time I've heard that, that's for sure! I'm just pleased that the web challenge didn't dissuade them from coming out!

Thinking of entering this as my best shot of the day* - what do you think? 

I admit that my prep work for the walk could've been better, but I assisted at a 12+ hour wedding on Saturday, and was feeling more than a little punch drunk on Sunday morning!

Nevertheless, the walk went off really well ... at least, everyone seemed happy with the experience at the end of the day.

Thank you to Judy, Marlene, Marilyn, Addy, Karol, and Achim for a great afternoon out!

"Puzzle Pieces" 

Please visit our group page on flickr where I'm hoping everyone will share their images from the walk.

And I hope that those of you who registered will enter your best shot in the WWPW contest!

*Walk leaders can't compete in the "open" competition, but there's a separate comp for the leaders of all 1117 walks around the world! Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment