Saturday, May 12, 2012

Ho'okipa, Honokowai, & Kanaha

Getting a bit behind here ... but I think I can be forgiven since I am on holiday! Here are just a few of the photos that I've processed so far ... hundreds more to go still ... you'll have to visit my smugmug page over the next days to see what else gets uploaded!  ;-)

A couple of days ago, I got to shoot windsurfing at Ho'okipa beside Jimmie Hepp for a couple of hours. He's a north shore legend ... he's The Guy who is there whenever the action's happening ... published regularly ...


Jimmie Hepp In Action (at Kanaha)
Early this morning we headed up to West Maui, where we stopped at Honokowai for a last snorkel before returning the gear to Maui Dive Shop. We actually discovered this little area by chance ... and loved it so much we're actually considering staying here when we next visit Maui! (I know, my processing of panoramic images needs help, but this at least gives you an idea of the view from the park at Honokowai. I'm not sure why the image isn't reproducing at 1000px on the long side ... it's showing up so much smaller than the other photos, which are 700px on the long side! Shrug?!)


Then around midday at Kanaha, I met up with Nicole Sanchez, an established and popular wedding and event photographer on Maui. What a lovely lady ... we didn't get to spend much time together but I've been following her for a while on FB, and its great to have met the person behind the page!

Nicole Sanchez in action at Kanaha

Kanaha was amazing today, just so beautiful it was almost unreal. Aside from the stand-up paddleboard race (called Olukai) that we went to see, there was also kiteboarding action and lots of other stuff to feast our eyes and lenses on!


Men's SUP Race Winner


Andrea Moeller, Ladies' SUP Race Winner


No comments:

Post a Comment