Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Chapter Two Begins!

 

Covid Chapter Two

Can you believe that Canada has been in the Covid Crisis for a full year?! And now we're into Year Two.

For too many it has been a year of tragedy and hardship, and those impacted have my sincerest sympathies.

I hope, though, that you have all been keeping safe and well, and that the worst you've experienced has been a bit of inconvenience and belt-tightening. 

Chapter Two For Me

It is now one year since I decided to make my equestrian event photography work for me. My first attempt was torpedoed by - you guessed it - Covid!

2020 was the first year after I had given up my full time, year round "safe job" to pursue my dream of spending my spring/summer/fall taking photos at horse shows. 

I was happy to have worked at one event last season, the Dog Days of Summer Hunter Jumper show at MREC

It went very well, if you don't count that my trusty van decided to become a paperweight two weeks before! I spent that three-day heat wave alternately roasting and freezing, mostly my own fault due to my lack of tent-camping experience. I am just grateful that it didn't rain!

2021 Show Schedule

Happily, the horse show hosts of southern BC are resilient, and are heading into the new season with positivity:

I have 7 dates blocked off so far, subject to confirmation, covid-restrictions, etc.

At this moment, I'm still available for events on the weekends of: 

May 15 or May 22
June 26
August 21 or August 28
September 11 or September 18

Please let me know if you know of a show or clinic that might need photographic services on any of those weekends. Thanks!

In the meantime, I am excited to see everyone back in action in the spring!

Keep your heels down!

Kind regards
Tanya

Email

Horse Shows

Pet Photography

General Galleries


No comments:

Post a Comment