Saturday, September 24, 2011

Headbanger Trail Challenge 2011

What a great weekend for a last blast of summer action! Bluebird skies, temperatures in the mid- to high-20s Celsius, light breezes ...

Today I went to Radium Hot Springs to watch the Headbanger Trail Challenge ... and 11km cross country trail run, with a lot of steep ups and downs!

There didn't appear to be all that many competitors, perhaps about 100, but what they lacked in numbers they made up in spirit and determination! I stationed myself in Elk Park Ranch, at a point that I believe was just over halfway through the course, so people were starting to feel it by the time they passed me.

Imagine my delight when the first person to run by was a lady (and a cheerful one, at that!):


I have got a bunch of photo's up on my Smugmug gallery - and there will be more coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment