Thursday, November 10, 2011

A Dry Spell

I've barely picked my camera up in the past couple of weeks. I miss it, but I have not been feeling inspired. It must be the onset of winter ... the colours are gone, and the weather's not exactly encouraging outdoor excursions (it never crosses my mind to shoot indoors, for some reason) ...

And now that I'm finished with my NYIP course (at least, I think I am ... I passed the final exam and have mailed in my last project photos - just awaiting my last evaluation and hopefully my graduation certificate!), I'm not feeling pushed towards anything in particular.

It's a frame of mind I really want to get out of because looming large on my horizon (although it may seem like ages away to someone else) is the wedding that I've committed to shoot in early May!

True, in the past month I've stepped outside my comfort zone quite a bit, having done two portrait sessions: One for my photog friend, Shawna, and my brother and his fiancee's engagement shoot. Those were terrifying, nervewracking, stressful and exciting ... but it feels like they were ages ago.

The only real shooting I've done in the past couple of weeks is this:

Sunrise over the Purcell Mountains (more & larger images are available on my Smugmug page):


And a slow drive around our backroads yesterday. I was hoping for some tumble-down cabins and/or barns, but all I came across was this barely-standing place (see Smugmug for more & larger images). I couldn't go any closer because of the strongly worded No Trespassing sign on the gate that mentioned something about Removal by the Officer OR Prosecution ...



Oh well, I have heard that the ski teams have arrived in Panorama for race training, so that's going to be my next destination, I think!  ;-)

1 comment: