Saturday, November 12, 2011

Remembrance Day Parade - Invermere 2011

November 11, 2011

As always, this an emotional time as we remember those who made the ultimate sacrifice in our names and, during Veterans Week, we appreciate the millions who've served, and are still serving, to protect us from those who'd do us harm.

I am very proud that many of my immediate family, as well as dear friends and extended relatives, have served in the military in various capacities. I extend my heartfelt thanks to them, and to their thousands of comrades in arms. 

This year in Invermere, it didn't rain ... but the wind howled! Even though it was fairly warm at 5C, and with gloves on, my frozen fingertips took several minutes to stop aching and burning as they thawed after being out in the elements taking photos for an hour. Considering our veterans' sacrifices, though, it's the least I could've done!

Here are the photographs I took at the parade. Please contact me if you'd like a free copy emailed to you.



























1 comment: