Wednesday, July 13, 2011

What Now?!

Yesterday, I made my final entry into my 365 Project!

It's been an interesting road, often extremely challenging, but I wouldn't change it for the world!

Did I learn anything from it? Yes!

- How to really open my eyes and SEE what's around me, the colour and beauty and, yes, the mundane-ness of everyday life.

- It forced me to figure out how to use my equipment - when you HAVE to solve a particular problem, you are (at least, I am!) more likely to explore gear that you're often a bit afraid of!

What's next? I've decided not to commit to any new projects until I've completed both the NYIP course, and the Photoshop CS5 course that I'm taking. NYIP should be done by the end of summer, and the PS CS5 course in a couple of weeks. So don't hold your breath for any new adventures just yet!

But I will just have to post on my blog more regularly ... here are some photo's from the walk-about in Fairmont this morning, with my "students":




I put "students" in inverted commas because out of the two sessions I've taught so far, almost every single person has admitted to taking the course to get a break from kids/grandkids! {shrug}

5 comments:

  1. Hi Tanya,
    Are you taking CS5 with NYIP? Or who else and do you recommend them? Beautiful shots : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Mary: No, I'm taking the CS5 intro course online, through my local college (College of the Rockies). I may move on to the NYIP course or something else more photographically-oriented as this current course seems more for digital scrapbooking. I'm not saying that I haven't learned anything useful with this course ... the material covered just isn't quite in the direction I'm looking for (which is professional photographic applications of the program). Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That helps. I'm looking into the NYIP course to, but darn it - it's so expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. I have the CS5 and dont know what Im doing.
    I have to look for that course online.
    or let me know.
    redwillowlisa@gmail.com.
    Love you work. I live in Alberta. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your comments, Lisa! Here's the link to the course info: http://www.ed2go.com/CourseDetails.aspx?query=introduction+to+photoshop+cs5&course=ic5&tab=detail

    ReplyDelete