Sunday, July 24, 2011

Heart of the Rockies Triathlon 2011

Last weekend Sunday, the Heart of the Rockies Triathlon was staged from James Chabot Beach Park in Invermere.

This is the adult version of the three-phase race for children on the Saturday.

I found the adult race much easier to shoot, although have to admit that I'm still working the kinks out of my AI Servo technique.

The adult swim/bike/run seemed very challenging, and featured both an Olympic distance race, and a sprint (abbreviated) race. They both looked tough to me!

As you'll see from the full gallery, despite the challenges for the competitors, there were quite a few who were still able to muster up smiles, cheerful waves and even a few cheeky words for the photographer!


This weekend I'll be trying back-button auto-focusing which, I'm told by the pro's, works better for sports events. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment