Friday, August 27, 2010

Education & Practice

As I mentioned, I am currently working on a pro photog course through the New York Institute of Photography. It is an indepth program with six modules. I've finished the theory and test for the first, but am still working on the photo project for this section.

I've got two images showing motion (panning and freeze action), and I've got one each to illustrate both shallow depth of field, and distance. I need one more motion picture, one that has the background in focus but the subject blurred by movement.

This last shot I'm hoping to get this weekend. We're heading down to Chilliwack where we'll be visiting family. A big get-together of the immediate clan, which we haven't done in many years - and a long time coming! My father's visiting Canada from South Africa, my mother and older-younger brother who live in Chilliwack will be there of course, and my younger-younger brother will also be visiting from Panorama, B.C. Very excited!

Anyway, back to photography. There's an equestrian event going on nearby, so I'll be heading there for a couple of hours on Saturday morning to see if I can get the last shot for my photo project. And, of course, indulge in my passion for horses - haven't been around them in years - looking forward to that, too!

Needless to say, now that I'm the "photographer" in the family, I'll be tasked with the family portrait/s ... should be good practice!

And yes, I know this is a photography blog ... I'll get to posting some photo's soon! Meanwhile, I've got a photography group on Facebook that you're welcome to join if you're so inclined!

No comments:

Post a Comment