Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Cogs, Cats & Kittens!

It's been a busy few days!

On Sunday, I spent the day up at Panorama Resort for the Canada Cup mountain bike downhill race. I situated myself at the Cliffs of Insanity ... and they lived up to their moniker! Lots of action, including one really nasty crash that happened right in front of me. All I can say is, if I'm in an accident, I want the Pano patrollers and Pano safety services people to pick up the pieces - they were incredible - calm, professional, unhurried - just awesome!

Click to Enlarge
The competitors rode/jumped/slid/rolled/tumbled down the rocky incline on the left of the photo above, swooped through the depression, and popped over the rollers to the right before disappearing from sight. I ended up shooting from the other side of the track, far right side of this image. This is what the action was supposed to look like:

Click to Enlarge

Click to Enlarge
This child, looked to be about 12 (but don't hold me to it, what do I know?!), tumbled down the cliff and his helmet fell off - apparently the chin strap hadn't been secured (!). After gathering his thoughts for a few minutes, he seemed to decide that discretion was the better part of valour, and retired.

Click to Enlarge
This guy tumbled down the cliff, face-planted, picked himself up, and continued on ...

Click to Enlarge
And this one actually hung on to this little "moment" and barely missed a beat:

Click to Enlarge
To see the whole gallery from Sunday, please visit the race album on my website.

This morning, we went to ICAN to get caught up on the flood of unwanted/abandoned/feral cats and kittens that has arrived at the facility this spring. So far I've only processed the kitten photos, all 10 of them - what a bunch of hooligans!

Click to Enlarge
Here's the link to the ICAN cat gallery - just in case you're thinking about adding one of these incredible felines to your family!  ;-)

To round things off today's post on a more relaxing and peaceful note, here's this morning's sunrise over the Rockies:

Click to Enlarge





No comments:

Post a Comment