Sunday, July 14, 2013

Canadian Downhill Mountain Bike Championships - Panorama, BC, July 2013

After scouting the course on Thursday, I was up early this morning to get to Panorama Resort and up the mountain before the course was closed and readied for the start of the Canadian Downhill Mountain Bike Championships.

Unfortunately, the powers-that-be neglected to update the website, which advised that the racing started at 10am. I arrived at about 8am only to find that it had been pushed back to noon, which was irritating, but it gave me plenty of time to hike up to my chosen spot, get my heart and breathing rates back to normal, then do some test shooting.

I enjoyed the spare time hanging around and enjoying being alone in the forest, too!

Panorama's Bike-Patroller-Trail-Blazer
I was surprised that no-one else chose my spot - most went to the rock garden a few seconds above the wooden ramp that I picked, or the root/rock drop about 30 seconds above that. Not that I minded! I had the place to myself for the most part, and had plenty of space to play around with my radiopoppers and off-camera flash, which I was using for the first time at this type of event.

The first few photos in the Canadian Downhill Mountain Bike Championships 2013 are up on my website - I'll be adding more photos asap. Apologies to the handful of people who I missed - next time!


Images in Africa Wildlife Safaris & Photography workshops

No comments:

Post a Comment