Tuesday, March 13, 2012

First Solo Wedding

Last Friday I photographed my first solo wedding!

I think it was a good thing that I had just five days' notice before the event - no time to get nervous! That being said, I did nearly have a heart attack when the bombshell was first dropped on me!  I'd just spent the day hiking halfway up the mountain to photograph a ski cross race, then hiking down, and was exhausted, all defences down ... "Oh, by the way, you're shooting a wedding on Friday evening." was about how the conversation went!

Once I'd had a good night's sleep, though, I was fine with the idea, and quite surprised by how calm I was feeling ... but then again, the wedding venue was Earl Grey Lodge, a delightful log cabin b&b in Panorama Resort, and there were at maximum 20 guests, including the bride and groom! I was pretty sure I could handle that, for 2-3 hours of shooting.

Was I ever the luckiest photog?! Lauren is the most lovely bride ... and there wasn't a single person in the place who was more relaxed and easy-going than her! Thank you, Lauren!

Here are a couple of my fav photos from the wedding:

Lauren

Andrew, Lauren & Malachi
The whole gallery is on my Smugmug website, so please drop by to have a look ... I'd love to know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment