Thursday, May 24, 2012

Images In Africa

I was born and raised in South Africa. Just in case you didn't already know. I've lived in Canada for almost 20 years, but there's definitely some African still in me ... I don't think that anyone who is out of Africa ever loses it ...

"It" ... that psychic tug ... when you scent rain on dry ground ... hear a certain type of bird call ... it pulls you back, squeezes the breath out of your lungs ...

Images in Africa Wildlife Safaris & Photography workshops
 
That's how we get to today's topic: "Images in Africa"

Gavin Slabbert, a great friend who also attended the New York Institute of Photography, offers visitors to southern Africa an incredible opportunity - to view the Big Five (lion, leopard, elephant, rhinoceros, and buffalo) as well as numerous other species in their wild state, in their native habitat, in a photo-oriented trip that also includes photography workshops! 

The packages are designed for small groups, and cater to photographers' non-photog partners and families, too - anyone who has an interest in African wildlife will appreciate these tours!

When I look at Gav's Images In Africa website, I feel "it". I feel that tug on my heart, that breathless excitement ... the sensation I get every time I think about the possibility of returning to Africa. 

And when I consider combining such a journey with my passion for photography, I'm transported!

The temptation is almost irresistible ... Gav's prices are incredible (I challenge you to shop around and compare - you won't find another company that offers the quality content that Gavin's packages do, for a price that comes anywhere close!) ... if I hadn't just spent almost a month on Maui, I'd be scheduling one of these trips!

If you can possibly swing it, I urge you to DO it! Who knows how long these introductory prices will last?

3 comments:

  1. I miss Gavin and you- we had some good times in the NYIP forums. Thanks for sharing this. Looks like Gav is doing quite well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by, Karen! We miss see you around, too!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete